Monday, November 23, 2009

Poster Drawing


Well, I wanted to try out the blog for some feedback. I am pretty set on the design for this poster, but I am still trying to figure out color/no color. I really like working with pencil/colored pencil. However, I know gouache works well for posters.....I'm not really seeing gouache.....possibly some ink and muted colors......I am thinking I will make some copies so I can try out some experiments. Any suggestions?

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine,

    Thanks for posting! I'm so happy someone is using the blog :)

    The drawing for the poster is beautiful. I'm loving the sinuous lines and curvy composition. It has a kind of art nouveau look to it, especially in the text. I think you could play this up even more by perhaps including a Mucha-esque stylized border?

    In terms of media to color it with, I'd suggest making copies to try stuff out. I think maybe transparent gouache or watercolor with colored pencil and ink would be beautiful. This doesn't feel like it wants super-saturated opaque gouache colors.

    -Daniela

    ReplyDelete